New York Times Online
All library patrons can now read the New York Times and NYT Cooking from a computer or mobile device simply by having a library card.
There are two ways to access the New York Times Online:
- If you are at the library using one of our public computers or connected to our Wi-Fi:
- Click here to visit The New York Times [www.nytimes.com/register]
- Create an account with your personal email address, or “Log In” if you already have an account
- If you are connecting from home, use the following links to redeem a code for 24-hour offsite access:
- New York Times NEWS: https://nytimes.com/subscription/redeem?campaignId=89LRY&gift_code=e933640b1c67b32d
- New York Times COOKING: https://nytimes.com/subscription/redeem/nyt-cooking?campaignId=8JJHL&gift_code=5f8388b86718be35
- Next, create an account with your personal email address, or “Log In” if you already have an account. Note: After 24-hours, you will need to click the links above again to generate a new code for another 24-hour access period
Note: Regardless of where you connect from, all patrons will be required to register for a New York Times account using their email and password (or sign-in using your existing NYT account if you already have one).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to register for a NYT account?
Logging in with an email and password allows the system to recognize your free subscription through the Nantucket Atheneum. You will also be able to save articles and access various NYT newsletters.
Why is offsite access only available for 24 hours?
Off-site access has a limited amount of codes to provide service when you are not at the library. This is intended as a supplement to in-house use. However, you can generate a new code every 24-hours so you will never be without access from home.
Can I use the NYT app?
Our subscription is compatible with the NYT app but only for off-site access through the links above to redeem a 24-hour code. The app will not sync through the public Wi-Fi when you’re at the library.
Is the NYT crossword available?
No, the NYT crossword and other NYT digital games are not available through this online service.