CLAMS Libraries will soon unveil a new library catalog
We are moving to the Aspen Discovery platform to enhance and enrich your experience.
The CLAMS Aspen Discovery catalog will launch on February 27th, 2023.
Aspen makes searching for books and resources easier, pulling all library resources together in one search. Patrons can create and share lists of materials and online content or peruse curated lists created by their local library staff. Readers can easily find a title in every format available, read book reviews, and even rate items and see how others rated them. If a book or other item is unavailable, a “While you wait” feature offers suggestions for similar titles. These are examples of the many features in Aspen.
WHY are we changing to Aspen?
The CLAMS Libraries have selected a new user-friendly catalog designed to make it easier than ever to find and borrow materials from the library! This powerful new search engine includes features like predictive search text, curated lists, personalized recommendations, and greater control over your user account.
WHEN will this happen?
- Migration of data will occur the weekend of February 25th & 26th. Your account will be unavailable during that time.
- Access to your account on our current catalog will be available through February 24th.
- ComCat and ILL services will pause on February 3rd.
- Automatic renewals and notices will stop on February 24th.
- Our new catalog will be live on Monday, February 27th.
WHAT will transfer to the new catalog?
- Your library card number and account information.
- Your current holds and checkouts.
- OverDrive/Libby checkouts, holds, and history. You will need to log into OverDrive/Libby again.
- Reading history (if you opted in) will migrate over to the new system but will not be ready on Day 1.
- The CLAMS mobile app will remain the same. Some features, like self-checkout, will take additional time to implement.
- All eResources – access to databases, OverDrive, Hoopla, Kanopy, newspapers, etc. You may be logged out automatically by some of these services and will need to log back in.
WHAT won’t transfer to the new catalog?
- Pins & Passwords (you’ll need to create a new one when you first log in).
- Bookmarked pages.
- Community tags.
- Preferred searches.
- My ratings.
- My lists.
- Commonwealth Catalog and ILL checkouts.
WHAT are Aspen’s features?
- You can update contact information in your account such as address, phone number or email address.
- Select your notification preferences such as text, email, or phone call for holds.
- Link family accounts to manage them all.
- Search results are now grouped by format! Easily view what formats are available, such as: print books, audiobooks, eBooks/eAudiobooks, and DVDs or Blu-rays.
- Check out and download OverDrive/Libby materials right in Aspen.
- A catalog search will clearly show if an item is on shelf, available from another library, available online to download, or if all copies are checked out. You will see the number of copies and how many patrons are on the waiting list for a title.
- Rate what you read, listen to, or watch. Your ratings will help the catalog recommend other titles you may be interested in.
- Make purchase suggestions directly through your account if you cannot find what you are looking for.
WHAT do I need to know now?
- Until February 24th, nothing will change, though we have paused all Comcat and ILL requests for now. Those services will resume after migration.
- Migration of data to the new catalog will happen on February 25th and 26th.
- During that weekend the current catalog will be available to search, but you will not be able to place holds or check item availability. You will be able to borrow items at the library but you must have your library card with you.
- You will not be able to access your account while the migration is underway.
- If possible, make sure you have a current phone number and valid email address on file. This will make it much easier to access your account during your initial sign-in.
WHERE can I learn more?
Check out the Aspen Discovery Quick Start Guide and these brief how-to videos on YouTube to learn more about our new catalog.