The Nantucket Atheneum issues library cards free of charge.
Children under age 12 may apply for a Children’s card with the signature of a parent or guardian in good standing.
Apply online to get a temporary six-month Nantucket Atheneum eCard.
Your temporary Nantucket Atheneum eCard allows you to do the following:
- Log into the CLAMS Catalog and establish a PIN.
- Use State-provided online research databases (within Massachusetts only).
- Access our eMedia collection of OverDrive ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, and eMagazines.
- Place up to five requests on print Books, DVDs, CDs, etc. in the CLAMS Catalog.
Already have a CLAMS card? Contact your library for assistance with your account.
Online registration and temporary Nantucket Atheneum eCards are available to Massachusetts residents only.
How to Complete Your Registration for a Library Card
- Pick up a Full Service Library Card at the CLAMS library of your choice within six months.
- Please mention that you have already registered for an eCard and have your temporary library number available.
- When you pick up your card you may need to present a photo ID and proof of address.
- If you are under 18, a parent or guardian may have to be present to co-sign. Please check with your local library as policies vary.
- Cape Cod Community College students: see the Wilkens Library.
- Check your library’s address and phone number.
- Please contact your local library for registration guidelines.
Temporary Nantucket Atheneum eCards expire six months after registration.