THE NANTUCKET ATHENEUM JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job Title: Community Liaison
Department: Adult Programs
Reports to: Adult Programs Dept. Head
FLSA: Full-time, Regular. $30/hr
Assists in the planning and execution of Library programs, development events, and marketing opportunities in order to grow empowering relationships with patrons and supporters.
Essential Job Functions:
I. Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Works scheduled in-person and virtual library programs, performing all required duties, such as scheduling, organizing and setting up receptions and managing the Zoom schedule, helping presenters with set up needs, selling and taking tickets, greeting audience members, handing out programs, operating the audio visual equipment, assisting members of the audience, and occasionally introducing speakers, as well as opening and closing the building.
· Creates printed and digital PR materials, flyers, and events calendar listings with accuracy and attention to detail. Assists with correspondence by writing confirmation letters, thank you notes and submitting calendar listings to outside media.
II. Skills and Abilities
· Strong customer service skills. The ability to represent the Atheneum to lecturers, audience members, and collaborators in a professional, helpful manner.
· Work some nights and weekends.
· Strong computer skills in Zoom, Word, Publisher, calendar online software, YouTube video management, box office software, and Outlook. Basic computer skills in Adobe Photoshop, Book Letters, and PowerPoint are also required.
· Basic knowledge in setting up and operating audio and visual equipment for programs with films, music, and digital presentations.
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and contribute in a team-oriented atmosphere.
· Ability to maintain professional and cordial relationships with the management, members, and visitors, and an interest in and enthusiasm for working with the public with tact, patience, maturity, and friendliness.
III. Education and Experience Requirements
Education requirements will be evaluated based on the needs and requirements of the position at the time of hire.
IV. Physical Requirements
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time to greet patrons, pass out programs, help presenters and performers set up, and help Facility Staff with set ups as needed.
· Good hearing and vision required.
· Ability to engage in periodic public speaking.
· Ability to work in various library locations or at offsite library events as necessary.
· Normal office exposure to noise, stress, and interruptions.
· Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time to use computer workstations, including keyboard and visual display terminal.
· Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work.
· Sufficient vision or powers of observation to permit employee to read books and patron requests.
· Sufficient clarity of writing, speech, and hearing or other communication capabilities which permit effective communication.
· Ability to attend professional development classes that require travel.
· Ability to work in various library locations or at offsite library outreach events as necessary.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the Atheneum’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice for any reason or no reason.